Biological Sciences (B.S.)
- Students develop a clear understanding of core concepts in biology.
- Students employ the scientific method in laboratory and field investigations.
- Students gain knowledge through the analysis and interpretation of published works
on life science topics.
- Students demonstrate effective skills in oral and written communication of the scientific
- Students attain pre-professional training required for entrance into schools of medicine,
veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, physical therapy, dental hygiene, nursing,
public health, and graduate school.
- Students develop a clear understanding of core concepts in microbiology.
- Students employ the scientific method in investigations related to microorganisms.
- Students transfer gained knowledge in the analysis and interpretation of published
works on microbiology and health sciences topics.
- Students demonstrate practical skills in scientific communication.
- Students attain pre-professional training required for entrance into professional
microbiology fields, medical laboratory science occupations, physical therapy schools,
nursing and other public health professions.
Natural Science Education (B.S.Ed.)
- Students develop the breadth and depth of understanding of the natural sciences necessary
for their endorsement as science teachers.
- Students receive training in developing age-appropriate lesson plans and laboratory
exercises that follow current science education standards.
- Students attain skills toward effective communicating the fundamental principles of
physical and life sciences.