All students must fulfill the following requirements to be admitted to the Department of Education. The student will be responsible for maintaining and completing their portfolio. Incomplete portfolios will not be accepted.
- Completion of the Application for Admission. APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE AN UP-TO-DATE TRANSCRIPT.
- Successful completion of thirty (30) semester hours.
- Completion of Foundations of Education-2113 (grade of C or higher) including thirty (30) hours of public school observations.
- Passage of the Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET). Registration forms are available online at www.ceoe.nesinc.com. Study guides are also available on the website.
- An overall retention grade point average of 2.50 or higher.
- Successful completion of Department of Education interview.
- Completion of English 1113 and 1213 (grade of C or higher).
- Completion of Portfolio Level 1 and Level 2.
- Completion of Criminal History Disclosure Statement.
- Completion of Plan of Study with signature of student and advisor.
Upon completion of the items listed above, the student must turn in his/her documentation (Portfolio Level II) to HEC 110A to be considered for admittance to the Department of Education. PLEASE NOTE: Only completed portfolios will be considered. The student will return to HEC 110A after the admission committee has met to receive written notification of admission. Along with the admission letter, the student will receive the completed Rubric for Level II.