The Department of Engineering Technology encourages applied learning in industry-based labs and lecture classrooms. Pursue your interests in engineering and technology with a degree from SWOSU.
Applied Engineering Management Degree
- Applied Engineering Management (B.S.)
- Manufacturing Technology option
- Electronics Technology option
Engineering Technology Degree
- Engineering Technology (B.S.)
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology option*
- Computer Electronics Engineering Technology option
- Environmental Engineering Technology option
Why SWOSU is the Place for Engineering Technology?
The Engineering Technology program prepares graduates for a variety of high-tech career fields. Degrees are offered in engineering technology and applied engineering management. The Applied Engineering Management degree is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management & Applied Engineering (ATMAE). The Engineering Technology Accreditation Commissions of (ABET) accredits the Engineering Technology degree with option in manufacturing. Faculty strive for innovation, precision and quality in their classrooms, and in their students. As a result, SWOSU Engineering Technology graduates have a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Start Your Career With SWOSU
Career opportunities are numerous in the engineering technology field. Recent placement rates upon graduation have been high. Our graduates command competitive salaries. Examples of recent graduates’ entry positions are, manufacturing engineer, production technologist, quality assurance engineer, field engineer, continuous improvement technician, production supervisor, production analyst, planner-schedulers, skilled electrical and mechanical technician, and project manager.
Engineering Technology students are involved in two student organizations, the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) and the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
- *The Manufacturing Engineering Technology option is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- he Applied Engineering Management degree is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).