Mathematics Departmental Information
Mathematical skills, knowledge, and abilities learned in mathematics courses are applied in a variety of vocations to resolve challenging problems. A broad foundation in basic mathematics courses, emphasizing concepts and problem solving skills with in-depth knowledge in chosen areas from higher mathematics prepares students to function successfully in their career fields. The department firmly believes that a competent user of mathematics must first be a good student of mathematics.
- To provide the basic skills and Knowledge needed by all students who are preparing for a productive life in a rapidly changing technological world
- To strengthen and enrich the general education program
- To train quality mathematics teachers for the public schools
- To provide a solid foundation for students who will continue mathematics studies at the graduate level
- To prepare mathematics students for a wide variety of vocations in business, industry, and government service
- To provide a supportive second field of knowledge for students in other areas of study