Online BSN to MSN
SWOSU offers a fully online BSN to MSN program designed for those who already hold a bachelor's degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program (ACEN, CONE, NLIN) accredited nursing programs or those enrolled in their last semester of a bachelor's degree in Nursing program.
TO: Students Applying for Admission to the BSN to MSN Program at SWOSU
FROM: MSN Program Coordinator
Subject: Applying to the BSN to MSN Program
Thank you for interest in the Southwestern Oklahoma State University BSN – MSN program. A master's degree in nursing can offer you better employment prospects and career advancement, better compensation and the ability to specialize.
Our professional curriculum is offered in a fully online format. We will be applying for candidacy for accreditation through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC). The program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and prepares graduates to continue their education at the master’s level. Courses include online discussions and lectures, academic writing, and practicum projects. All BSN to MSN professional courses are fully online.
Applicants may begin the program in spring, summer or fall, and the application must be completed by the semester application deadline listed on the website in order to be considered for admission. Acceptance is competitive and applicants are admitted on the basis of meeting application requirements and available space in the program. Students may apply during their last semester of their bachelor's degree nursing program.
After your completed application has been reviewed, you will be notified of acceptance, denial or conditional acceptance to the program. The faculty and staff will gladly assist you in the process of application and throughout your program.
You may contact email@example.com to determine your application status.
In order to apply to the program please complete the following steps. Applicant must have a retention GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. Applicants must hold unencumbered current RN licensure in Oklahoma or another approved state OR provide date of graduation and date of licensure exam when applying.
To Complete Your Application, Please
Ensure You Meet Admissions Criteria
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Current legal resident of the United States
- Graduated from an ACEN or CCNE accredited bachelor’s degree program in Nursing (or are currently enrolled in last semester). To determine if your school is ACEN accredited, please visit http://www.acenursing.net/accreditedprograms/directorysearch.htm To determine if your school is CCNE accredited, please visit http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation/accredited-programs
- Current resident of one of the following SARA approved states, please visit http://nc-sara.org/sara-states-institutions
By applying to the BSN to MSN program, applicants agree that if accepted to the program they will:
- Check SWOSU e-mail and learning management system announcements four times weekly
- Actively participate in their courses online
- Take initiative to learn to use the online learning management system
- Complete an online orientation
- Abide by the SWOSU, School of Nursing and BSN to MSN handbooks
Once you have determined that you are eligible to apply, please:
- Proceed to www.swosu.edu and choose the blue “apply” button
- Send copies of official (sealed) transcripts to:
SWOSU Registrar: attention Brian Lewis
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
You may also send unofficial transcripts to Brian Lewis although full admission requires official transcripts
- Applicants are expected to confirm receipt of transcripts! This can be done by calling 580.774.3009. When all transcripts have been received, you will receive confirmation of acceptance to SWOSU. If you have not yet received this, it is crucial that you contact the number above to ensure transcripts were received. This is the most common cause of delayed acceptance.
- APPLY TO SWOSU GRADUATE PROGRAMS AND COMPLETE THE TRANSFER OF CREDITS FORM
- Complete the Application for Graduate Admission and Application/Transfer of credits form (see new one attached here, remove old one please) and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlicensed BSN Applicants Only!
Complete All Steps Above and Also
- Provide a notification to your advisor when you have taken and passed NCLEX (must achieve licensure by the end of your first semester).
- Send your final transcripts with your BSN degree posted to SWOSU Admissions and the School of Nursing as soon as possible or this will delay enrolling for future semesters.
Students are admitted on a space available basis. Applications will be discarded after one application cycle if the student has not enrolled by that time; this will require students to begin the application process again.
If you have questions regarding the requirements for admission to the BSN to MSN Program at SWOSU, please contact the Graduate Studies Office at email@example.com
Thank you for choosing Southwestern Oklahoma State University!