Music Performance Scholarship
Minimum Scholarship Requirements
Students must fulfill the following minimum requirements each semester in a Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Music Education program to be eligible for a Music Performance Scholarship:
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale at the completion of each semester of study.
- Successful completion of at least 12 academic hours each semester of the academic year.
- Successful progress in applied lessons in your major performance area with a minimum grade of B each semester and successful completion of proficiency examinations at the end of the 2nd, 4th and 6th enrollments.
- Enrollment in a major ensemble and completion with a grade of A each semester.
- Participation in other ensembles as needed by the department.
- Successful completion of Music Theory I, II, III, & IV in sequence with a grade of C or higher.
- Enrollment as a Music Major and positive assessment of your overall progress by the music faculty each semester.
- Commitment to collegiality among peers, faculty, and staff within the Department of Music.
In addition to the above, scholarships students must pre-enroll each semester before the end of the previous semester and write a thank-you note to benefactors when requested by the Music Office.