What to do after your interview
Thank You Notes
Send a good lasting impression that shows your interest in the position.
- Write and send the letter the same day of the interview
- The letter should arrive before a decision is made
- Letters can be typed or neatly handwritten
- Send a note to everyone involved in the interview process
- Ensure that names are spelled correctly
- Don't forget the helpful secretary or office assistant
- If you have not heard from the employer within two weeks after the interview it is okay to make a phone call to them asking where they are on their hiring decision.
- Don’t forget to be very polite and courteous.
- If you have accepted a position elsewhere it is appropriate to call at any time to let the employer know that you would no longer like to be considered for the position.