Undergraduate Admission Steps
- Complete the Online Application for Admission. (Click on name to go to the application.)
- Wait for e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org with the SWOSU ID number assigned to you.
- Pay the non-refundable $50 Application fee – make payment after receiving your SWOSU
- If paying with a currency other than U.S. dollars, please visit this page.
- May be paid on your behalf by a person living the United States. Please e-mail email@example.com for instructions for making this payment.
- After receiving confirmation that your application fee has been received, please upload
the following documents to our Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/request/VGHim3EyXJgVeUDtffwX.
Documents Required for Undergraduate International Students Are:
- International Applicant Information Form (Click on form name to download.)
- Secondary School (High School) transcript – translated into English if necessary
- If a student has completed university-level coursework outside the United States and
wishes to transfer that coursework to SWOSU, it must first be evaluated “course-by-course”
by a credential evaluation company such as WES or ECE or GCE. (Click on the company name to access their website.)
- Official college transcripts for transfer students who have earned college credit
while in the United States
- If a student has completed at least 24 credit hours at a college in the United States,
documents number 4 and 5 are not required.
- English proficiency test score: IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL 61
- If you do not have an official score or you do not meet the minimal score required,
apply for ESL Admission at The Language Company Center located on our campus.
- If you have a recent TOEFL score of at least 48 or an IELTS score of at least 5.0
you may study at The Language Company Center for 12 additional weeks to meet this requirement without taking the test again.
- You may also submit a test score at least 500 on the Institutional TOEFL test given at SWOSU.
- Submission of an official ACT or SAT score for students below the age of 21 (no predetermined
- Certification of financial resources equal to at least $20,546 (U.S. currency) per
year (two semesters). Use the form – Undergraduate Certification of Financial Resources (Click on form name to download.) Recent bank statements showing debits and credits
and a final balance must also be uploaded to confirm that the funds committed on the
certification are available.
- Copy of photograph page of passport