We Can Help You Succeed
The Student Success Center at SWOSU is your link to academic success! Whether you
need help with reviewing your work, tutoring or just need help navigating student
resources here on campus, the Student Success Center team is here to assist you in
meeting your academic goals.
Monday – Thursday
8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
1 – 5 p.m.
5 – 9 p.m.
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Need extra help in some classes? SWOSU offers free tutoring, both online and in person during specific hours. Learn more here.
The mission of the SWOSU Student Success Center (SSC) is to increase student retention and degree completion by supporting evolving individual student needs to achieve their academic, career and personal goals. The SSC facilitates student successes by fostering faculty-staff-student partnerships, and providing innovative, data-informed academic and career programming. The SSC provides pre-advising, life skills and learning services complementary to campus support services.
The goals of the SWOSU Student Success Center are to:
- Develop student skills, habits and attitudes necessary for a successful academic tenure in preparation for career experiences.
- Promote student persistence and retention in campus settings, groups and technology resources.
- Provide a variety of research-based instructional approaches to mediate content and knowledge deficits.
- Facilitate student leadership in study groups, engagement workshops and student-led events.
- Assess the effectiveness of the programming and evolve in response to student need.
The Southwestern Oklahoma State University (SWOSU) Student Success Center is funded by a federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education. Total funding for the five-year project is $2,178,948. The SSC is designed to strengthen student academic performance and college achievement by offering SWOSU students additional specialized services, resources and technology.