- Reviewing your notes right after the lecture so you can fill in examples and facts
that you did not have time to write down.
- Keep a separate “Questions” page or section with a running list of questions to be
answered. As they get answered, cross them off lightly so you can still see the original
- Annotate your notes!
- Underline key terms, statements or important concepts.
- Use margins for references to websites, page numbers or lecture notes.
- Keep a key (or index cards) of important names, formulas, dates, concepts, etc.
- Use asterisks, !#†or other symbols to indicate importance.