Career Sites Information
Established in 1901, Southwestern Oklahoma State University is a multi-campus, public university located an hour from Oklahoma City. The university has been an attraction/something for western Oklahoma since before statehood. With approximately 4,500 students enrolled each semester, SWOSU offers an energetic and lively environment while maintaining a friendly and supportive campus life. Our diverse population has representatives from all 77 counties of Oklahoma, 39 US states, and 37 different countries.
SWOSU has 14 nationally accredited programs (the most among all Oklahoma regional universities) and offers 18 different degrees: 2 Associate, 12 Baccalaureate, 3 Graduate, and one Doctorate. Recently, out of 1,600 universities across the US based on affordability, flexibility, and other quantitative factors, MSN ranked SWOSU #18 in the Nation.
Great Benefits & Other Perks
Group Paid Benefits
Optional Employee Paid Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Section 125 plan (flexible spending-medical/health savings account/dependent daycare reimbursement)
- Short Term Disability
- Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Policies
- Voluntary Life (employee, spouse, and eligible children)
- Wellness membership at SWOSU Wellness Center and University swimming pool for spouse and qualifying dependents
Generous Holidays & Paid Leaves
- Paid observed holidays and additional paid time off throughout the year
- SWOSU follows many of the same holidays as Weatherford Public Schools
- Paid annual leave, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- SWOSU offers a shared leave program to assist employees with extraordinary circumstances that would cause the employee to be on leave without pay
- Tuition waivers for qualified employees and their dependents
- Free employee membership at SWOSU Wellness Center and University swimming pool
- Free admission to the majority of college level athletic events and theatre/drama productions held on campus
- Free access to the services of the Al Harris Library
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and BetterHelp
- Discounted canoe, fishing equipment rental, and camping rental at SWOSU Crowder Lake
- Eligible for discounted cafeteria meal plans
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Why Weatherford, Oklahoma?
As one of the safest cities in Oklahoma, Weatherford has many unique qualities to offer. Weatherford has recently built a new fire station. The city has begun construction on a new police station that will house one of the largest 911 Centers in Western Oklahoma.
Low Cost of Living
Great K-12 School Options
Weatherford Public Schools (WPS) rank as the 13th best school district in the State of Oklahoma and 15th in the state for best school district for athletes. WPS has two brand new school buildings being built by a voter-approved, historical school bond. They are slated to be complete in the Fall 2022 school year. In 2021, WPS also installed a new turf field at the high school.
Western Oklahoma Christian School (WOCS) has a campus in Weatherford which houses Pre-K through 2nd grade with the option of Pre-K through 6th grade in Clinton, OK, which is a short 15-minute drive. With their recent purchase of land, WOCS hopes to have a new campus at Weatherford to house Pre-K through 6th grade by Fall 2024.
Things to Do
Beyond the great things Weatherford offers, Oklahoma also offers great destinations worthy of day trips or long vacations. Oklahoma has the longest drivable stretch of Route 66 in the nation.