- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon after January 1st as
you can. Early application is key to receiving some types of aid.
- Review the Student Aid Report (SAR) you receive from the U.S. Department of Education.
Follow the instructions to make corrections if necessary, and then keep the final
SAR for your records. Do this even if you are not eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.
- Review the Financial Aid Award Letter (and any revised award letters) for your own
records. You should also keep a copy of all documents that you submit to the Office
of Student Financial Services.
- Be certain that you understand the conditions of the awards you accept. Adhere to
deadlines and Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Advise the Office of Student Financial Services immediately if you receive an award
or financial aid from any other source. A change in your resources may affect your
- Respond immediately to all requests from the Office of Student Financial Services.
Failure to comply may result in the cancellation of your aid.
- Be sure to notify the Office of the University Registrar if you move.
- Remember that you must reapply for financial aid each year. The Oklahoma Tuition Aid
Grant priority deadline for each year is December 1st. And we recommend that you complete
your FAFSA by December 1st. And your FAFSA is your application for the Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant.