Mission and Goals
The Southwestern OK State University Assessment Center embraces the University mission and the students it serves with core values of appreciation for diversity, promotion of life-long learning, integrity, collaboration, access, service, fellowship, and the spirit of inquiry. The mission of the Assessment Center is to assist in providing educational opportunities and an educational environment at Southwestern Oklahoma State University through assessment and student testing. The mission is manifest and the purposes are accomplished through:
- Student testing for admissions and placement of students in both programs as well as appropriate classes.
- Student testing for awarding college credit to deserving students.
- Assisting University Administration and Academic Departments in various assessment activities upon request.
- Student outcomes assessment.
- Student engagement assessment.
- Student satisfaction assessment.
- Administration of various other surveys and evaluations.
We are committed to fostering a positive campus climate by promoting mutual respect and supporting cultural diversity within our community. To achieve this mission, the SWOSU Assessment Center provides advisement, outreach, consultation, assessment, teaching/training, and testing services to assist students in overcoming obstacles in pursuit of educational, vocational, and personal goals. In addition, the SWOSU Assessment Center strives to reach out to the community and region by providing testing services to organizations and individuals. The services provided for student, faculty, staff, and community will be consistently rendered with an attitude of service that demonstrates value in human relationships, personal excellence, human dignity, diversity, and commitment to lifelong learning. The programs and services provided by the SWOSU Assessment Center are based on and adhere to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines the guidelines developed by the International Association of Counseling Services, the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education, the, and specific test regulations.
SWOSU Assessment Center Goals:
- To demonstrate the highest ethical and professional standards.
- To be guided in all activities by “The Focus Is You” attitude. This is balanced between established policies and kindness/compassion.
- To provide cordial and professional assessment and testing services through professional development of Assessment staff.
- To provide quality services by supplying necessary assessment and testing services data and staying technologically updated.