Parking Permits and Tickets
Do I need a permit to park on campus?
Yes, all vehicles parking on or adjacent to university property must properly display the appropriate parking decal. Whether you are a faculty-staff employee or commuter/resident student, the appropriate permits are available at the SWOSU Campus Police. Vehicles found parking on or adjacent to campus without decals are subject to be cited.
No, however, parking tickets will be issued for illegally parked vehicles.
Where do I get a Parking Permit?
Parking decals (non-expiring) may be obtained at the SWOSU Campus Police located at State and College. Decals must be placed on the front lower left hand side of the front window and to be displayed at all times while parked on or adjacent to university property. Replacements for lost or destroyed decals are available during regular office hours, as well as additional decals for multiple cars.
Motorcycle decals are also available.
Once I get a parking decal, where do I park?
Once a decal has been obtained, you must park ONLY in parking places that are not
designated for restricted parking (i.e. handicapped, visitor parking, university vehicle
Dorm lots are intended for and should be primarily used for dorm residents, but may be used by other students if available. Vehicles parked in Handicap parking that do not properly display an official state Handicap Decal will be ticketed, as will student vehicles parked in visitor parking or places marked for University vehicles only.
|Improper Display of Parking Decal||$25.00|
Fines are payable at the Office of the Bursar, Room 109, Administration Bldg., 100 Campus Drive, Weatherford, OK 73096-3098.
Additional violations may be cited on a City of Weatherford ticket. Fines vary based on violations.
Fines are payable at the Business Office, Room 110, Alexander Bldg., 409 E. Mississippi, Sayre, OK 73662.
Can I appeal a fine?
Upon being issued a parking or other violation ticket under these regulations, the
violator may appeal the fine imposed. To appeal, the violator must pay the ticket
AND the appeal fee before filing the appeal. Appeal forms may be obtained at the Office
of the Bursar in the Administration Building OR following page. No appeal will be
considered after 10 days from the date the ticket was issued. No appeal will be considered
for violations on a City of Weatherford citation.
Faculty and Staff are permitted to LEGALLY park anywhere on campus, EXCEPT in designated no parking zones. University and Service vehicles are exempt from certain Parking Regulations.
Police vehicles are exempt from Parking Regulations.
Upon being issued a parking or other violation ticket under these regulations, the violator may appeal the fine imposed. To appeal, the violator must pay the ticket AND the appeal fee before filing the appeal. Appeal forms may be obtained at the Business Office in the Alexander Building OR following page. No appeal will be considered after 10 days from the date the ticket was issued. There is a $5.00 charge to make an appeal.
What if my car breaks down?
Call the SWOSU Campus Police, ext. 3111 or 580.774.3111
Call the SWOSU Campus Security, ext. 172 or 580.928.5527
Provide the following information:
- Location of your vehicle.
- Vehicle description and tag number.
- The date and time you expect to move the vehicle (normally within 24 hrs., please.)
- Where we can contact you, if necessary.
- Vehicles of students and non-students remaining parked on campus in the same location after a reasonable length of time will be removed by a commercial company and placed in storage at the owner’s expense.
- All instructions of the campus patrolmen are to be strictly obeyed.
How do I avoid parking tickets?
Read and abide by parking regulations which include:
- Do not park on campus property at any time without your vehicle being registered at the SWOSU Campus Police (Weatherford Campus only)
- Read and follow instructions on posted signs.
- Do not park on the grass.
- Park only in parking spaces.
- Do not back vehicle into a diagonal parking space.
- DO NOT park where the curb is painted yellow.
- Speed limit is not to exceed 15 miles per hour.
- “U” turns are NOT permitted (including U-turns to park).
- Care should be taken to park between the white lines. Fines will be enforced for this violation.
- Accidents should be reported to the SWOSU Campus Police before moving your vehicle. Vehicles may be moved if leaving vehicle causes possibility of other accidents.
- Do not park over yellow lines or paint.
- Do not cross center of roadway to part.
- State Disabled Decal MUST be displayed at all times while parked on campus (in addition to the University Parking Decal on the Weatherford campus).