Content Loading
Skip to main content

Process for Changing Majors and/or Advisor


Students wishing to change their major should see the Department Chair who oversees their desired major. The Chair will then assign the student a new faculty advisor within that department and request the student’s file (via Department Administrative Assistant or other designee) from the previous academic advisor.


Students should go to the Academic Records’s Office to initiate the process for changing majors and/or advisors. The Academic Records’s Office assigns a new advisor and/or major. The student arranges to meet with the new advisor.  The new advisor counsels with the student on academic issues.