Authority to Sign Contracts Policy
The individuals who hold the following positions are designated as having the authority to sign contracts.
In addition to the President of the University, the individuals who hold the following positions are designated as having the authority to sign contracts, other than personal service contracts, on behalf of the University:
- The Chief Business Officer (Executive Vice President for Administration)
- The Director of Business Services/Comptroller
And, in the absence of those above,
- The Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Other Senior Business Officers (Bursar or Assistant Comptroller)
- Any other budget unit manager, if the contract amount does not exceed $500.00.
Other than the President, Personal Service Contracts may be signed by the Business Officers only. The purpose of this is to make certain that such services are in accordance with the internal revenue service.
Final approval of Payroll "Contracts" may be signed by the Director of Human Resources, Deans and Vice Presidents.
Adopted July 1, 1995